Amazon is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington, that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It was founded in 1994. Deleting your Amazon account is the only way to completely erase your purchase history. If you want to delete your account because of personal reason but you are unable to do so, then go through the blog written on How To Delete Amazon Account.
Your Amazon account is shared across Amazon’s websites, so if you delete it, you’ll lose access to Amazon.com as well as international stores like Amazon.co.uk and Amazon-owned sites like Audible.com. You won’t be able to sign into any website you use your Amazon account for. Your Amazon Payments account will also be shut down. You’ll lose access to everything. Any open orders will be canceled, subscriptions like Amazon Prime will immediately end, and you’ll lose any Amazon gift card balance in your account. Amazon will also delete your account’s purchase history and customer data, so any reviews, discussion posts, and photos you have uploaded to Amazon’s website will also be erased.
Steps to How To Delete Amazon Account
- Open your device, type Amazon.com in the browser hit enters.
- Thereafter Amazon Sign In page will open in that enters, e-mail address and password then click on the Sign In.
- Make sure you do not have any open orders or transactions, for that please first check “order status”. You can’t cancel with any orders in process or out for delivery. You will need to wait until they’ve been completed to delete your Amazon account.
- On your “Orders” page click “Open Orders” to check and see what is currently in process for your account. If any orders appeared in this page you would either need to cancel them (if the option is available) or wait for them to be fulfilled before you delete your Amazon account
- Click “Help”. The Help link is down at the bottom of the page.
- The Help page offers a lot of options to manage your account, there click on “Need More Help? “. This option is at the bottom of the “Browse Help Topics” section on the page.
- After that click on “Contact Us”. This option is on the top-right side of the “Browse Help Topics” section.
- Click “Prime or Something Else”. It’s in the top-right corner of the “What can we help you with?” section on the “Contact Us” page.
- After you have to click on “Please make a selection”. This box is towards the bottom of the screen, under the “Tell us more about your issue” heading. Clicking it will cite a drop-down menu.
- Click on “Login and Security”.
- Then choose the second field i.e. “Please make a selection”. Clicking this box will also prompt a drop-down menu.
- Doing so will prompt the third option “close my account”. Please click on this option and select email, phone or chat. Depends upon you, in which way you want help from customer care representative of Amazon.
- Depending on the selection you made either email, chat or phone, you will get assistance accordingly that you want to delete your account.
- Wait for the account to be deleted. Your account will be closed within the time frame presented to you by the Amazon representative to whom you speak, chat or email.
- You can check if your account is deleted by attempting to log in. By following the steps you will be able to delete your Amazon account successfully.